Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Bloody Child












I was drained and battered,
Poor soul torn and shattered
As I stepped back to look
At the acidic world in front.

I gasped in awe,
At the beautifully coloured face
That sat staring back at me;
Showing me in the heart,
That colours can decieve the eye.

This time,the tramp that followed my mind
Looked into the swollen face,
And saw what he did not see before-
A child, stark and naked,
Drenched in wineline blood,
A never fading smile, that pressed
To kiss the jagged blade of a silver sword.

I stared in disbelief,
As the child without hesitation,
Plunged the sword within her heart,
Ripped it apart
And ate of it.

I screamed, ice-cold horror,
As i gripped myhead
And dropped to my knees.
I asked the child "Why?"

She grinned seductively,
And said drily,
"Because it is bitter, bitter my friend
And because it is my heart."

She then spat the colour blue,
And suddenly the rest was made blue.
Her eyes shedding blood tears,
Dropped to the ground in a mess of green.

I looked on aghast at what my world had become,
I thought cynically,
How could the face not decieve me?
The colours are too beautiful to resist.
So I look into the face,
And say in words that don't exist,
That i see the devil
Smiling up at me.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!! What does that pic hav to do with the article????

Anonymous said...

don't u like it?? I think it suits the poem actually..since i wrote it..but i'm up for suggestions :)

Welcome to My Blog!

Make yourself a nice cup of tea..coffee..whatever..get comfy, sit back relax and enjoy! Feel free to leave your comments..and DO speak your mind ;)