Sunday, January 27, 2013

Tribute to Tori Amos



My favourite singer in the whole wide world. I got exposed to her in my early teens..my dad had this CD when i went visiting in Venezuela and for the whole month I was there I listened to Tori's album "Boys for Pele"

I lived in that magical world of hers all summer and fell in love..to the point where i can say I grew up listening to Tori :) She's my inspiration, her voice is is thrilling and sometimes haunting, her lyrics are magical and weird and she reminds me of me <3  Love you Tori!

These are some of my favourite songs...i continuously sing these...hoping somehow that i sound like her lol. Don't be confused though...these are just a FEW...there's so much more Tori that's just amazing!!! They're taken from the 2 albums that i own Boys for Pele and The Beekeeper.


"Caught A Lite Sneeze"

Caught a lite sneeze caught a lite breeze
Caught a lightweight lightingseed
Boys on my left side
Boys on my right side
Boys in th emiddle
And you're not here I need a big oan
From the girl zone

Building
tumbling down
Didn't know our love was so small
Coun't stand at all
Mr. St. John just bring you son

The spire is hot
And my cells can't feed
And you still got that Belle dragging your foots
I'm hiding it well Sister Ernestine
But I still got that Belle
Dragging my foots

Right on time you get closer
And closer
Called my name but there's no way in
Use that fame
Rent you wife and kids today
Maybe she will
Maybe she will caught a lite sneeze
Dreamed a little dream
Made my own pretty hate machine
Boys on my left side
Boys on my right side
Boys in the middle and you're not here
Boys in their dresses
And you're not here
I need a big loan from the girl zone





 


"Blood Roses"

Blood roses
Blood roses
Back on the street now
Blood roses
Blood roses
Back on the street now
Can't forget the things you never said
On days like these starts me thinking
When chickens get a taste of your meat girl
Chickens get a taste of your meat yes

You gave him you blood
And your warm little diamond
He likes killing you after you're dead
You think I'm a queer
I think you're a queer
Said I think you're a queer
I think you're a queer
I shaved every place where you been boy
I said I shaved every place where you been yes

God knows I know
I've thrown away those graces
God knows I've thrown away
Those graces
God knows I know
I've thrown away those graces

The Belle of New Orleans tried to show me
Once how to tango
Wrapped around you feet
Wrapped around like good little roses

Blood Roses
Blood Roses
Back on the street now
Blood Roses
Blood Roses
Back on the street now
Now, Now
Now you've cut out the flute
From the throat of the loon
At least when you cry now
He can't even hear you
When chickens get a taste of your meat girl
Come on (x6)
When he sucks you deep
Sometimes you're nothing but meat.











 " The Beekeeper"
Flaxen hair blowing in the breeze
It is time for the geese to head south
I have come with my mustard seed
I cannot accept that she will be taken from me

"Do you know who I am" she said
"I'm the one who taps you on the shoulder when it's your time
Don't be afraid I promise that she will awake
Tomorrow somewhere
Tomorrow somewhere"

Wrap yourself around
The tree of life and the dance of the infinity
Of the hive
Take this message to Michael

I will comb myself into chains
In between the tap dance clan
And your ballerina gang
I have come for the beekeeper
I know you want my
You want my queen
Anything but this
Can you use me instead?

In your gown with your breathing mask
Plugged into a heart machien
As if you ever needed one
I must see the beekeeper I must see if she'll keep her alive
Call Engine 49 I have come with my mustard seed

Maybe I'm passing you by
Just passing you by girl
I'm passing you by
On my way
On my way
I'm just passing you by
But don't be confused
One day I'll be coming for you...
I must see the beekeeper
I must see the beekeeper

No comments:

Welcome to My Blog!

Make yourself a nice cup of tea..coffee..whatever..get comfy, sit back relax and enjoy! Feel free to leave your comments..and DO speak your mind ;)